- Built-in, low-noise microphones feature 90° orientation for an optimized field.
- Advanced amplifier circuit suppresses interference.
- Olympus-developed codec reduces noise during AD/DA music conversion.
- Record in PCM (WAV) format at up to 24-bit / 96 kHz.
- Record in MP3 format at up to 320 kb/s.
- Direct USB connectivity for easy data storage and transfer.
- Manually or automatically set your recording level.
- Selectable low-cut filter reduces low-frequency hum and rumble.
- Dedicated calendar button allows quick access to audio files.
- Files are automatically marked with the date.
- Includes a tripod adapter for easy attachment to your preferred tripod stand.
- Selectable voice balancer cuts high- and low-frequency components.
- Noise cancellation reduces ambient noise.
- Directional quality control technologies narrow the pickup angle.
Olympus LS-P1 Digital Voice Recorder
The pocket sized silver 4GB Olympus LS-P1 (replacement for LS-P4) is a portable handheld digital audio recorder intended for capturing interviews, speeches, music, and sound effects in compressed, standard, or high-resolution formats. It features selectable recording modes, noise cancellation, an 18mm dynamic speaker, and a 3.5mm headphone output. Use the built-in low-noise stereo microphones or connect an external mic to the 3.5mm mini-jack input. Record to the 4GB internal memory or your own microSD cards in uncompressed linear PCM format at up to 24-bit / 96 kHz resolution or in compressed MP3 format at up to 320 kb/s resolution. The backlit 1.43" LCD display enables clear viewing of menus and selections, which are easily changed via the navigation buttons. The lightweight metal-bodied LS-P1 is powered by the included AAA NiMH battery and can be recharged via connection of its retractable USB 2.0 jack to a computer or an AC adapter (available separately).
Natural stereo sound with 90° outward-facing stereo microphones
To get the most out of essential specifications like frequency response and directional characteristics, design focus was placed on microphone casing size and the shape of openings. The 90° outward-facing microphone units on the left and right achieve a stereo sound with a natural ambiance.
Linear PCM quality with convenient recording functions
The LS-P1 supports linear PCM recording at bit rates up to 24 bits and sampling frequencies as high as 96 kHz – far surpassing the 44.1kHz/ 16 bits of CD-quality audio. The new zoom microphone mode adjusts the recording level higher according to the zoom, while the manual recording level settings and limiter function allow you to fine-tune the recording level to suit your needs.
High quality, compact metal body
With a robust design, that exudes a strong, classy style, and a compact size that easily fits in your pocket, the LS-P1 is suitable for a wide range of situations, from outdoor activities to concerts, ensuring that you will never miss a sound. This Hi-Res audio recorder packs the advanced technology of the flagship LS series into a portable size.
Direct PC connection without a cable
The built-in USB connector can be easily deployed and stored using the slide lever. With this feature, you can connect directly to a computer without using a cable or software. Not only can you save and share your recordings; the LS-P1 can also be recharged via USB without having to remove the battery, and the recorder can also be used as a USB memory device.Features:
Olympus LS-P1 Specs:
Recording Format - Linear PCM 96kHz/24bit, MP3
Built-in Memory - 4 GB
External Memory - microSD/ SDHC (up to 32GB)
Built-in Microphone Frequency Characteristics - 60Hz - 20kHz
Built-in Microphone - Stereo
Maximum Sound Pressure Level - 120 dB SPL 1.7"
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.